The mission of Central's Children’s Ministry is to impact children, their parents and our volunteers.
- Children hear the message of Christ’s unconditional love and to guide them to grow into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We nurture parents to understand and live out their role as Christian parents.
- We love, encourage and equip our volunteers so they experience growth in their relationship with God as a result of their ministering to children.
How do we do this?
- --By providing a safe environment where children feel physically, emotionally and spiritually secure.
- --By building relationships with the children through play
- --By making the Bible come alive through drama, music and hands-on activities
- --By interactive learning that is creative, age-appropriate and fun!
- --By providing the opportunity for children, and the adults that work with them, to grow in their relationships with Jesus Christ and others.
We take the question of your child’s safety seriously at Central. That’s why our volunteers go through a rigorous review process as well.
Volunteers must: 1) attend for 6 months prior to serving, 2) submit a written application, 3) be interviewed in person by our staff, 4) go through a background check for a criminal record and child abuse, and 5) submit references from two non-related people. In Children’s Ministry programs no adult serves alone, regardless of the size of the class.
Though the activities may vary, we offer a year-round program. We do this not only as a ministry to children, but also so parents may nourish their own spiritual growth by attending worship and adult education offerings on Sunday morning.
INFANTS and TODDLERS:
The Nursery is open during both services, from 8:45 am to 12:15 pm. There are separate nurseries for infants and toddlers. Your children are cared for by staff and trained volunteers who are committed to building relationships through play. Our focus is on caring for your children, so that parents may worship, serve and/or learn. Vibrating pagers are provided to parents with children inthe nursery so we may contact you if your child needs you. A teaching time is offered for our toddlers which includes a very short Bible story, a song, and a coloring page.
Sunday School is provided for children, ages 2 through 5th grade. Trained volunteers share the love of Jesus with preschoolers so they come to know and love God, his Word and the church.
Our elementary students are introduced to a life of following Jesus so they can deepen their relationship with God and with others.
Check out The Treehouse for Grades 1-3
and Route 45 our Pre-teen Ministry for Grades 4 and 5.
We invite you to come explore what Children’s Ministry has to offer on Sunday mornings. On your 1st visit we will ask you to complete a simple registration form at the check-in desk on the lower level in the Children’s area. Any other questions or concerns please contact Anne Nielsen, Director of Children’s Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anne Nielsen, Director of Children’s Ministry, email@example.com
Kathie Phillips – Associate Director - Children's Ministry, firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Davidson – Administrative Coordinator for Family Ministries, email@example.com
- Parent Handbook For Scripture Memory
A great resource for parents who would like to help their children learn to memorize scripture.