CPC Study Resources
CPC Study Resources
Part of Central's core values and vision is equipping people to live a life of integrity, service and ministry to others and faithfulness before God. This requires not only faith and intelligence, but skills, knowledge and an understanding of the basis for our faith and our relationship with Jesus Christ. These resources are to help you grow and develop as you go through life. Feel free to use them in your individual Bible study, study with a friend or in small groups.
"Study to show thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth." II Timothy 2:15 (KJV)
SERMON SERIES RESOURCES
Genesis Series Video Resources: Ecology and Creation Care, Marriage and Sexuality, Faith and Science
Study Guides and Devotionals
- Reflections on Hosea - Weekly Devotional for Lent (2012)
- This weekly devotional was created to be used by individuals or Grow Groups.
It follows the A Love That Will Not Let Me Go sermon series (Feb-Apr 2012).
- "Forgivness" Sermon Series Study Guide (2010)
- This sermon-led study was created to be used by individuals or Grow Groups.
It follows the Forgiveness: A Close Up sermon series (June-July 2010).
- "Jonah" Sermon Series Study Guide (2010)
- This "Driver's Manual" booklet was created to be used with the Jonah sermon series.
drivers_manual_2010_booklet.pdf (booklet page layout)
drivers_manual_2010.pdf (ordered page layout)
Pastors' Suggested Reading List
- Exploring Christianity
- Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis
- Simply Christian, N.T. Wright
- The Reason for God, Tim Keller
- Basic Christianity, John Stott
- Exploring the Bible
- The Drama of Scripture, Michael Goheen
- How to Read the Bible for All It's Worth, Gordon Fee and Douglas Stewart
- Scripture and the Authority of God, N.T. Wright
- The God I Don't Understand, Christopher J.H. Wright
- The Reason for God, Tim Keller
- Bringing the Gospel Home, Randy Newman
- The Heart of Evangelism, Jerram Barrs
- Creation Regained, Al Wolters
- Theology: The Basics, Alister McGrath
- Concise Theology, J.I. Packer
- Christian History
- Turning Points, Mark Noll
- The History of Christianity, Justo Gonzalez
- Let the Nations be Glad, John Piper
- When Helping Hurts, Fickert and Corbett
- The Mission of God's People, Christopher J.H. Wright
- Six Dangerous Questions to Transform Your View of the World, Paul Borthwick
- Good News about Injustice: A Witness of Courage in a Hurting World, Gary A. Haugen
- Christian Living
- Life Together, Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Celebration of Discipline, Richard Foster
- Respectable Sins, Jerry Bridges
- Making Room for Life, Randy Frazee
These study resources may be acquired through Christian Book Distributors or other online book distributors.
The Bible Gateway has word-searchable copies of many different versions and languages of the Bible. It also includes What the Bible Says About... below.
"BibleStudyTools.com is the largest free online Bible website for verse search and in-depth studies. Search verses using the translation and version you like with over 29 to choose from... Other Online Study Bible tools include Bible reading plans, Parallel Bible, Commentaries including the popular Matthew Henry Commentary, concordances like Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and Naves Topical Concordance, and many other additional Christian resources including dictionaries and encyclopedias. For a more in-depth study of the Word of God, our website offers Greek and Hebrew Interlinear for the New and Old Testament, lexicons for original Greek and Hebrew reading of Scripture, as well as popular Church history books. Use our gateway to free resources for quick verse search or to start a daily reading plan and study Scripture deeper with our library of tools."
- Christian Classics Ethereal Library
A library of many classic christian books and hymns in electronic format.
- Westminster Catechism (or Westminster Confession of Faith)
This catechism spells out some fundamental Christian beliefs. This site lets you read through the Westminster Shorter Catechism with extensive links to supporting scripture and commentaries. See also the PCUSA Book of Confessions (PDF format) for other confessions, catechisms, and creeds accepted by the PCUSA. (including the long version of the Westminster Catechism and the Heidelberg Catechism).
See also: Wikipedia: Westminster Confession of Faith and Westminster Shorter Catechism.
- What the Bibles Says About...
WBSA is a site by Logos that has a topical search of The New Naves Topical Bible which contains over 20,000 topics and subtopics.
- Soc.Religion.Christian Homepage
This is the web page for the soc.religion.christian newsgroup. It carries an extensive FAQ collection with reasonable, balanced and intelligent responses to the most frequent questions posed to Christians, addressing some fairly controversial topics. The FAQ, Short FAQ, and What is Christianity? are good starting points and are good reads for both christians or non-christians.
Are there answers to your questions about Christianity? Various respected Christian ministries join together to tackle tough questions about life and the Christian faith.
- Answers To Tough Questions
Here is another excellent resource that addresses many difficult and important questions from a studied, biblical viewpoint. Definitely worth checking out. (from Radio Bible Class)